Monday 28 July 2008

The city of glass


We had been at the lake slowly moving the boat . A gaze passed right before my eyes in a second , a gaze that speaks without words. A bit farther some birds flew away from the sight of the boat . The sky grew black from their mass for a moment . While I approached the marina some moss got in my way. I reached the marina . It was a small extension, nothing more. It was a bit chilly when I reached the upper city. I removed the hat in case the wind blows too much. It was odd and creepy , noone existed like they were all vaporized in the blink of an eye. While I was exploring the city without people, I kept noticing discolored and rusty signs. My hair was getting into my eyes and the edges of my eyes saw figures that did not really exist.

Cars and trucks went past me, towards a bridge that wasn't finished yet. They were ghosts too. Like the camera lens sometimes it blurs and you get to see a picture of blurred harmony of faint colours and hexagonal flashes, the light becomes the toy of the lens. Likewise, you could see the cars, and a moment later you couldn't .

No comments: