Monday 21 December 2015

Favorite albums vol.2- Synthpop, Electro, Vaporwave


Artist: Wolfsheim 
Album: Casting shadows
Genre: Synthpop
Year: 2003 
Peter Heppner's voice can easily be recognised. He was one of the duo that comprised "Wolfsheim", a German synthpop band. They made some pretty awesome tracks before going into a hiatus after this album. I keep coming back to this album so it's definitely on my top ten.
 I can't choose a favorite but since I'm in a Heppner mood (this isn't in the album) :
Artist: Kleerup
Album: Kleerup
Genre: Electronica
Year: 2008

Not much to say about this, except that I came across this album a night in 2010 during the summer, along with some other artists. I highly recommend it if you like electronic/ poppy stuff. His most used track is probably "with every heartbeat" which Robyn sings in. The track "until we bleed" is the song that made me like his music.
-


 Now the last part of this blog is going to be dedicated to vaporwave. Vaporwave is a fad that rose to "popularity" in the 2010s. Its main theme is 80s/ 90s consumerism appeal and aesthetics. Any kid of the 90s can tune in on this. While vaporwave includes other sub-genres, I mostly enjoy the chillwave aspects of it, and of course the 90s aesthetics , e.g. George Costanza and venetian blinds. Drinking coke and playing Sega Mega Drive in the sunset, the young and the restless, baywatch are all vaporwave-friendly . I made a playlist of half an hour that captures the mood and feel of what vaporwave stands for, at least to me. Enjoy!


No comments: